Everybody get pressured and stressed occasionally. Stress can cause by having too much pressure from studying, work, or other personal reasons. However, different people have different way to deal with stresses. Some tempt to snack up a candy bar or a pack of chips. Some decide to go for fast food restaurants. You may have not realize the after consequences of stressful by how you’re dealing with it.
Sometimes being stressed and pressured are the reasons to cause weight gain. These below are the foods which I have researched that can reduce stress but still help to maintain your weight and stay healthy.
1. Dark chocolate: The results showed that eating dark chocolate daily reduced stress hormone levels in those who had high anxiety levels. .
To take full advantage of chocolate’s health perks, choose dark varieties that are at least 70 percent cocoa. And of course, try to keep portions in check since chocolate (even dark) is high in calories. One ounce daily (about 150 calories worth) is just the right amount to reap the tension-taming benefits without going overboard.
2. Berries: Very rich in antioxidants,offer a high-fiber, low-calorie fruit option that is also rich in stress-fighting vitamin C.
3. Salmon & Tuna: Since salmon and tuna are known to contain large amount of omega 3, they are the best reducing stress foods. Salmon and tuna also have important vitamins in which are the “happy”brain chemical serotonin.
4. Almond: Almonds provide many good nutrients like vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc. Vitamin B and magnesium are the substances in which involve in the production of serotonin, which helps to regulate mood and relieve stress. Zinc is also shown to fight and prevent some of the negative effects of stress, while antioxidant vitamin E destroys the free radicals related to stress and heart diseases.
You should only eat one handful of almond each time since almonds are high in calories, but healthy fat.
5. Whole-grain rice or pasta: carbs are well known to boost the serotonin levels and calm you down. But of course all carbs can give you this kick, even with whole-grain bread, rice, and pasta. Now you can reduce your stress hormones but still stay healthy with your low-carb diets.